Join the Liberal War on Christmas.
Because a lot of people are going to need help over the next four years.
Make this pact with a few friends or likeminded family members. Just send this note to them over email, text, or post it on social media and tag them.
I have a proposal: This year, instead of getting each other presents, let's join the Liberal War on Christmas.
Let's each make a donation in each other's honor to an organization that's going to fight to protect our fellow citizens over the next four years.
Some good options are the ACLU, the Southern Poverty Law Center, Planned Parenthood, Project Vote, Lambda Legal, Mi Familia Vota, and the Council on American-Islamic Relations.
I'm going to make a donation in your name to [INSERT ORGANIZATION].
Are you in?
SOME ORGANIZATIONS TO DONATE TO, WITH LINKS!
- The American Civil Liberties Union protects our freedom of speech, assembly & other constitutional rights
- Southern Poverty Law Center fights hate and promote tolerance
- Planned Parenthood provides abortion and other crucial health services to women around the country
- Project Vote works to make sure all Americans can register, vote, and cast ballots that count
- Lambda Legal protects the civil rights of lesbians, gay men, and people with HIV/AIDS
- Mi Familia Vota promotes civic engagement in the Latino community
- The Council on American-Islamic Relations protects the rights and encourages understanding of Muslims in America